A digital ghost calls - 02

His Grace Rudolf, the 15th Duke of Croy, has supposed a distinction between himself and his equerry is one of treatment.  His equerry  reckons sons are like horses: they require management.  His Grace gets his effects differently.  He deploys the three of his sons rather on Britain far from Dülmen, Germany.

“I'll share my screen with you,  Dad. Look how a bug nags me with our ancestry”

“I do not see it yet. A bug hunting our ancestry? How?”

“A virus for sure.

“How? The COVID? Is it there already? I wanted just to say no horse catch and buy show is in Dülmen this season because of it. Better for you also to stay put there in your dig.”

“Versity under curfew already. My notebook went to crap. Look, how it chatters…”

“Sure, the home office. Behind the keyboard, just to pee and see whats up online.”

“Poppycock. Margo infected the machine.”

“The Hapsburg?”

“Yea, she hates me for dumping her. A perfect ass she is and able to do it, doubtless.”

“A most notable slut. They were such throughout the ages.”

“A thrilling bore now with her legal research.”

Alex frowns as he looks at the bed where she always sits encircled by her thomes of the law. 

-I do not risk her sexist lawsuit filling against me. Let beds be for the sake of her books, not for anything else. How his principle stated.

“Not devoted to her, are you.”

“Best to forget.”

Alex words are getting stuck as he sees the screen to display a string as if to shriek.

- Prince Andrew needs your help.

- “Look, a Prince Andrew? The heck who is? A glitzy one of past or present? Dad, you are the one who knows our family history the best .”

- “I heard though about no any Andrew princes among the Habs. But their females are notable. Heard about the regent of Netherlands, the Queen Mary of Hungary?”

-“I pivot me loaf in vain. But I would miss the story, Dad, rather.”

-“Res ipsa loquitur, Alex.”

-“Dad, please, your horrible latin gives me creeps! ”

-“You should remember how our ancestor, Duke Phillipe advised Mary, the Queen of Hungary, as her councilor. She, a Habsburg, was the Regent of Netherlands. Phillipe, our family ancestor,  was a man of the long robe and wrote accounts of her being unable to forgive or forget. She always wore that heart-shaped medallion of her husband king Louis II. He died in the fatal Battle of Mohács in 1526. You need a fair nudge to learn history, Lexi.”  

-“It worries me much rather what virus has the Margo infected my notebook with.”   

Please, read on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue II.

Prologue I.